- Published: Waterville, Me. : Thorndike Press, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 619 p. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Large Type
- 9781410427922 (hardcover)
- 1410427927 (hardcover)
- Lacks, Henrietta, -- 1920-1951 -- Health.
- Cancer -- Biography. -- Patients -- Virginia
- African American women -- History.
- Human experimentation in medicine -- History.
- HeLa cells.
- Cancer -- Research.
- Cell culture.
- Medical ethics.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Large Print 616.027 Sk
Available Copies: Downtown Large Print
Life - Death - Immortality.
Documents the story of how scientists took cells from an unsuspecting descendant of freed slaves and created a human cell line that has been kept alive indefinitely, enabling discoveries in such areas as cancer research, in vitro fertilization, and gene mapping.