- Published: New York : Gareth Stevens Pub., 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 32 p. : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9781433934681 (library binding)
- 143393468X (library binding)
- 9781433934698 (pbk.)
- 1433934698 (pbk.)
- High speed trains.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Transportation / Railroads & Trains
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Technology / How Things Work-Are Made
Recently Listed On
- Steamies, Diesels, and Electric - Trains Galore
- 2nd Grade Non-Fiction - popular subjects
- Checkout History
Login to add tags
How does a high-speed train work?
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 625.2 Ea
Available Copies: Traverwood Youth
How does a high-speed train work? -- History of trains -- High-speed engines -- Cutting through the air -- Smooth ride -- Coming to a stop -- Making tracks -- Signaling -- In the driver's seat -- All aboard -- Bridges and tunnels -- Maglev trains -- Trains of the future.
This book examines the key improvements that have enabled railways to compete with airlines--a feat that until recently seemed impossible. It also looks at some of the exciting new features that are currently in development to make trains faster than ever.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.