- Published: New York : Roaring Brook Press, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st American ed.
- Description: 204 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 890
- Fathers -- Fiction. -- Death
- Revenge -- Fiction.
- Decision-making -- Fiction.
- Guns -- Fiction.
- Teens (20th century) -- Fiction.
- Cabins -- Fiction.
- Goldrush -- Fiction. -- Alaska
- Revolvers -- Fiction.
- Fourteen-year-old boys -- Fiction.
- Teenage boys -- Fiction. -- Decision-making
- Historical fiction.
- Arctic regions -- Fiction.
- Alaska -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Fiction for Teen Boys
- YALSA Top 10 Best Fiction for Young Adults/ Teens 2011
- historical fiction
- LJ Best Young Adult Lit for Adults 2010
- May School Visits 2011 - Sharon MS
- Printz Award Honor Books, 2000-2015
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: R Printz Honor 2011
Originally published: London : Orion Children's, 2009.
Finland, 1910: Fifteen-year-old Sig is shocked to see a hole in the frozen lake outside his family's cabin and to find his father's corpse nearby. Why did Einar steer his dog sled across the lake instead of taking the safer land route? Sig's sister and stepmother go for help, leaving Sig alone with Einar's body in the cabin. Soon after, an armed stranger barges in, demanding a share of Einar's stolen gold from when the two men knew each other during the Alaska Gold Rush.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.