- Published: Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers Inc., 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: x, 238 p. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Animal experimentation -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Laboratory animals -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Animal shelters -- Moral and ethical aspects.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
How shelter pets are brokered for experimentation : understanding pound seizure
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 362.82 Ph
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Fl.
Back in the 1940s, the practice referred to as pound seizures became a common practice in taxpayer-funded animal shelters across the country. Whether for cosmetic testing, human or animal drug testing, medical technique and tool testing, or biochemical testing, these once-family pets are subjected to experimentation that often ends in death. While many states fail to keep accurate data, the number of pets that become victims of pound seizure easily reaches the thousands and though most citizens are unaware of the practice, it may very well be happening at their local animal shelter. -- Publisher.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.