- Published: New York : Harper, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st U.S. ed.
- Description: xii, 468 p. : maps ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Wadsworth, Peleg, -- 1748-1829 -- Fiction.
- Revere, Paul, -- 1735-1818 -- Fiction.
- Saltonstall, Dudley, -- 1738-1796 -- Fiction.
- Penobscot Expedition, 1779 -- Fiction.
- United States -- Fiction. -- History -- Campaigns -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Maine -- Fiction. -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- War stories.
- Historical fiction.
- Biographical fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The fort : a novel of the Revolutionary War
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Pittsfield Adult, West Adult
After the British establish a fort on the Penobscot River, the Massachusetts patriots--among them General Peleg Wadsworth and Colonel Paul Revere--mount an expedition to oust the redcoats.
Reviews & Summaries
The fighting courage of the officers and men on each side is clearly drawn, and so are each of those men's follies and personal failings. In particular, his depiction of the well known war hero, Paul Revere, will surely make readers reconsider Revere's place in our history.
As usual, Cornwell's descriptions of the strategy and tactics of the battle are fascinating. He paints the battlefield with very detailed descriptions of hand to hand fighting of the grimmest sort. This novel puts the reader right on the battlefield
Login to write a review of your own.