- Published: New York, N.Y. : NAL Caliber, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 322 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Guth, Forrest L., -- 1921-2009.
- United States. -- Army. -- Parachute Infantry Regiment, 506th. -- Company E.
- United States. -- Army -- Parachute troops -- History -- 20th century.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Western Front.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American.
- Soldiers -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
In the footsteps of the Band of Brothers : a return to Easy Company's battlefields with Sergeant Forrest Guth
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 940.541 Al
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor
The journey begins : Toccoa and Currahee -- "A nice, quiet little town" : Aldbourne, Wiltshire -- Littlecote and lardy cakes : final preparations -- "We were all scared to death" : D-Day -- " ... an absolute minefield of varying accounts" : the assault at Brecourt Manor -- "The Americans have done everything for us here" : Utah Beach to Carentan -- "The situation is normal. We're surrounded" : Operation Market Garden -- The stuff of legends : the island -- "Nuts!" : Bastogne -- "Hell, all of us wanted to quit" : Foy to Rachamps -- A personal pilgrimage : the story of another Easy Company -- Haguenau : setting the record straight -- Epilogue: their echo will never fade -- A tribute : Forrest "Goody" Guth, 1921-2009.
Part travelogue, part historical perspective, this work is an inspiring walk through World War II history from the national bestselling author of "Biggest Brother."
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.