- Published: New York : Scribner, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st Scribner hardcover ed.
- Description: x, 277 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Farm life -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Urban agriculture -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Country life -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Backyard gardens -- New York (State) -- New York.
Recently Listed On
- Urban Farming
- Books, Movies, TV Shows, and Albums featured on the Colbert Report (2010)
- Farm Memoirs
Login to add tags
My empire of dirt : how one man turned his big city backyard into a farm : a cautionary tale
There are currently 5 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 630.974 Ho
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Malletts Adult, Pittsfield Adult
What are people for -- Next actions -- The stranger -- Founding fish -- When the going was good -- The one that got away -- The control of nature -- The good worker -- Meat rabbit -- The ramp -- The man who would be king -- The city is a crust -- Tackling daylight -- Q = (n1 + n2)!/(n1! n2!) -- Taking from trespasser -- Chicken run -- A chicken named Crazy -- Get out -- Collapse -- The price of chicken -- Rabbit season -- The voice from the whirlwind -- Yard bird -- The first supper -- The restraint of beasts -- The winter palace.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.