- Published: New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 562 p. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9780374158460 (alk. paper)
- 0374158460 (alk. paper)
- Middle class families -- Fiction.
- City and town life -- Fiction. -- Minnesota
- Husband and wife -- Fiction. -- Minnesota
Recently Listed On
- Books About Small-Town America
- Best Lists
- The New York Times Book Review's 10 Best Books of 2010
- Oprah's Book Club
- Oprah's Book Club Selections
Login to add tags
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Pittsfield Adult, Traverwood Adult, West Adult
The idyllic lives of civic-minded environmentalists Patty and Walter Berglund come into question when their son moves in with aggressive Republican neighbors, green lawyer Walter takes a job in the coal industry, and go-getter Patty becomes increasingly unstable and enraged.
I listened to this BOCD, rather than reading the hard copy book. It was very hard to take the reader's snotty, bitter tone for 25 hours. Perhaps without his whining voice I would have felt better about the book. As it is, I simply feel I slogged through a compulsory reading, pushing to the end in the hopes that something would redeem it. Nothing did.
Login to write a review of your own.