- Published: New York : Roaring Brook, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. ; 23 x 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 760
- 9781596434028 (hardcover)
- 1596434023 (hardcover)
Recently Listed On
- Good Books by Good Local Authors
- Charlotte Zolotow Honor Books
- Children Books by Michigan Authors
- Favorite picture books (3-year-old)
- Books the kiddos- 2015
- Picture Books for My 3-Year Old
- Books for the Kiddos 2014
- Checkout History
- J's Summer List
- Growing Up books for Children
Login to add tags
A sick day for Amos McGee
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
"A Neal Porter book."
"Amos McGee, a friendly zookeeper, always made time to visit his good friends: the elephant, the tortoise, the penguin, the rhinoceros, and the owl. But one day--'Ah-choo!'--he woke with the sniffles and the sneezes. Though he didn't make it into the zoo that day, he did receive some unexpected guests."--Dust jacket.
Reviews & Summaries
Somehow the cover made me expect a sad story, but there's nothing sad about this book. It's about friendship and being adorable. It's also about routine, which I loved.
I loved the whimsy of Amos' relationships with each of the animals in his care at the zoo and when he's a little under the weather, his friends show that they love him, and their daily routine, as much as he does. It's heartwarming, sweet, charming and other adjectives. Oh, please read it!
Login to write a review of your own.