- Published: New York : Roaring Brook, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. ; 23 x 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 760
- 9781596434028 (hardcover)
- 1596434023 (hardcover)
Recently Listed On
- Growing Up books for Children
- Elders and Kids
- New York Public Library's Top Children’s Books of the Last 100 Years
- Really Amazing Children's Books!
- Mila's favorites
- Most Popular Kids Books
- Caldecott Medal Winner Books
- Books for the kiddos - 2013
- Top 100 Picture Books selected by School Library Journal
- Checkout History
Login to add tags
A sick day for Amos McGee
There are currently 12 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth PicBks, Malletts Youth Picture Books, Pittsfield Youth PicBks, West Youth Picture Books
"A Neal Porter book."
"Amos McGee, a friendly zookeeper, always made time to visit his good friends: the elephant, the tortoise, the penguin, the rhinoceros, and the owl. But one day--'Ah-choo!'--he woke with the sniffles and the sneezes. Though he didn't make it into the zoo that day, he did receive some unexpected guests."--Dust jacket.
Reviews & Summaries
Somehow the cover made me expect a sad story, but there's nothing sad about this book. It's about friendship and being adorable. It's also about routine, which I loved.
I loved the whimsy of Amos' relationships with each of the animals in his care at the zoo and when he's a little under the weather, his friends show that they love him, and their daily routine, as much as he does. It's heartwarming, sweet, charming and other adjectives. Oh, please read it!
Login to write a review of your own.