- Published: New York : Scholastic Press, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 330 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 790
- Tesla, Nikola, -- 1856-1943 -- Fiction.
- Astor, John Jacob, -- 1864-1912 -- Fiction.
- Stead, W. T. -- 1849-1912 -- Fiction.
- Titanic (Steamship) -- Fiction.
- Spiritualists -- Fiction.
- Sisters -- Fiction.
- Mothers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Inventors -- Fiction.
- New York (State) -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
- London (England) -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
- Great Britain -- Fiction. -- History -- George V, 1910-1936
Recently Listed On
- Popular Teen Historical Fiction
- The Progressive Tens for Teens
- 100th Anniversary: Sinking of the Titanic
- 20th Century America Historical Fiction for Teens
Login to add tags
Distant waves : a novel of the Titanic
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
Available Copies: Malletts Teen, Traverwood Teen
In the early twentieth century, five sisters and their widowed mother, a famed spiritualist, travel from New York to London, and as the Titanic conveys them and their acquaintances, journalist W.T. Stead, scientist Nikola Tesla, and industrialist John Jacob Astor, home, Tesla's inventions will either doom or save them all.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.