- Published: [Washington, DC] : National Geographic, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: 3 videodiscs (500 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Dogtown (Animal sanctuary)
- Animal shelters.
- Dog rescue.
- Television programs.
- Nature television programs.
- Documentary television programs.
- Nonfiction television programs.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- Shelter Pets and Rescued Animals
- Adopting Animals From An Animal Shelter
- Dog Lover's List (non-fiction)
Login to add tags
Dog Town : friends in need
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 636.08 Do
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Originally broadcast as 10 episodes of the television series on National Geographic Channel.
Bonus features: bonus programs - Rescue dogs, Archie and Electra's new run, About Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
Survivors ; -- Starting over ; -- Against the odds ; -- New hope -- Fighting chance ; -- Fresh start ; -- Will to survive -- Life after DogTown ; -- Rescue and renewal ; -- Friends in need ;
Follows the Best Friends team of experts and volunteers as they struggle to treat some of the most ill and neglected animals they've encountered to date, including victims of Hurricane Katrina and a special case from country legend Emmylou Harris' Tennessee animal rescue. Includes 10 episodes.
DVD, NTSC, Dolby Digital, widescreen.
DogTown is a documentary about the medical care and training given to "hard cases" at a shelter in Nevada. There is some training, so if you have a dog you might learn something. But for the most part the show is less instructional and more of a documentary about the dogs that come into the shelter. As one might expect, it's touching, heartwarming, and poignant.
If you enjoyed these DVDs, I'd recommend volunteering at the Humane Society of Huron Valley. It's pretty much exactly like it!
Login to write a review of your own.