- Published: [United States] : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 1 videodisc (92 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Levy-Hinte, Jeff.
- Sonenberg, David.
- Gast, Leon.
- King, B. B.
- Cruz, Celia.
- Withers, Bill, vocalist.
- Makeba, Miriam.
- Big Black, 1934-
- Brown, James, 1933-2006.
- Ali, Muhammad, 1942-
- Foreman, George, 1949-
- Spinners (U.S.)
- Crusaders (Musical group)
- Sister Sledge (Musical group)
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Sony Pictures Classics (Firm)
- Antidote International Films Inc.
- DASFilms (Firm)
- Zaire '74 -- Kinshasa, Congo) -- (1974: :
- Music festivals -- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Kinshasa.
- Soul music.
- Popular music -- 1971-1980. -- United States
- Popular music -- 1971-1980. -- Africa
- Kinshasa (Congo) -- Description and travel.
- Concert films.
- Filmed performances.
- Documentary films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Documentary -- Performance.
Login to add tags
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 781.66 So
Available Copies: Downtown Adult StaffPicks
Special features: deleted scenes and commentary with director Jeffrey Levy-Hinte & festival promoter Stewart Levine.
The Spinners, B.B. King, Celia Cruz, Bill Withers, Miriam Makeba, The Crusaders, Big Black, James Brown and Sister Sledge.
In 1974 the most celebrated American R&B acts of the time came together with the most renowned musical groups in Southern Africa for a 12-hour, three-night concert held in Kinshasa, Zaire. The music festival became a reality when Hugh Masekela and Stewart Levine convinced boxing promoter Don King to combine the event with the 'Rumble in the Jungle,' the epic fight between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman.
DVD; anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1) presentation; Dolby digital 5.1.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.