- Published: New York : DC Comics, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : chiefly col. ill. ; 16 x 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- African American girls -- Mississippi.
- Monsters -- Mississippi.
- Missing children -- Mississippi.
- Graphic novels.
- Mississippi -- Race relations.
Recently Listed On
- Booklist 's Top 10 Graphic Novels For Youth 2010
- Adult Graphic Novel Core List
- Webcomics in print
- Fiction by African American Authors
- Jennifer's Stuff
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens 2010
Login to add tags
Bayou. Volume one
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Adult Graphic Novel / Bayou
Available Copies: Malletts Adult
"Originally published online at zudacomics.com"--T.p. verso.
"Bayou Volume 1 collects the first four chapters of the ... webcomic series ..."--P. 4.
Lee Wagstaff is the daughter of a black sharecropper in the depression-era town of Charon, Mississippi. When Lily Westmoreland, her white playmate, is snatched by agents of an evil creature known as Bog, Lee's father is accused of kidnapping. Lee's only hope is to follow Lily's trail into this fantastic and frightening alternate world. Along the way she enlists the help of a benevolent, blues singing, swamp monster called Bayou. Together, Lee and Bayou trek across a hauntingly familiar Southern Neverland, confronting creatures both benign and malevolent, in an effort to rescue Lily and save Lee's father from being lynched.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.