- Published: New York : Little, Brown, 2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 31 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 500
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights movements -- History -- 20th century. -- Southern States
- Southern States -- Race relations.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / 20th Century
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / People & Places / United States / African American
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Issues / Prejudice & Racism
Recently Listed On
- Carter G. Woodson Book Award Elementary Level (Grades K–6)
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN stories - Picture Book History for gr. K-3
Login to add tags
Sit-in : how four friends stood up by sitting down
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 323.119 Pi
Available Copies: Malletts Youth, Traverwood Youth
"This picture book is a celebration of the 50th anniversary of the momentous Woolworth's lunch counter sit-in, when four college students staged a peaceful protest that became a defining moment in the struggle for racial equality and the growing civil rights movement."--Amazon.com.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.