- Published: Cambridge, Mass. : Candlewick Press, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 850
- 9780763635831 (alk. paper)
- 0763635839 (alk. paper)
Recently Listed On
- Nature Themed Stories - Upper Elementary
- Nature and Ecology - gr. PreK-1
- NCTE Orbis Pictus Award for Outstanding Nonfiction for Children
Login to add tags
The secret world of Walter Anderson
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 921 Anderson, Walter
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth
Residents along the Mississippi Gulf Coast thought Walter Anderson was odd, rowing across twelve miles of open water in a leaky skiff to reach Horn, an uninhabited island without running water or electricity. But this solitary artist didn't much care what they thought as he spent weeks at a time on his personal paradise, sleeping under his boat, sometimes eating whatever washed ashore, sketching and painting the natural surroundings and the animals that became his friends. Here Walter created some of his most brilliant watercolors, work he kept hidden during his lifetime.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.