- Published: New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description:  p. : col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 760
- Banning, James Herman -- Fiction.
- Air pilots -- Fiction.
- Transcontinental flights -- Fiction.
- Flight -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Picture Book History - stories from United States history
- Checkout History
- Picture Book History - African-American stories
Login to add tags
The Hallelujah Flight
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J Fiction / Bildner, Phil
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Youth, Traverwood Youth
In 1932, James Banning, along with his co-pilot Thomas Allen, make history by becoming the first African Americans to fly across the United States, relying on the generosity of people they meet in the towns along the way who help keep their "flying jalopy" going.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.