- Published: [London] : Euro Arts, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: Widescreen.
- Description: 1 videodisc (100 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Smaczny, Paul.
- Stodtmeier, Maria, 1979-
- Dudamel, Gustavo.
- EuroArts Music International GmbH.
- ARTE France.
- Orquesta Sinfónica Simón Bolívar.
- Sinfónica Juvenil de Caracas.
- Abreu, José Antonio.
- Fundación del Estado para el Sistema Nacional de las Orquestas Juveniles e Infantiles de Venezuela.
- Music -- Instruction and study -- Venezuela.
- Music and youth -- Venezuela.
- Music appreciation -- Venezuela.
- Children and violence -- Venezuela.
- Gangs -- Venezuela.
- Documentary films.
- Musical films.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
El Sistema : music to change life
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
Videodisc release of the 2009 documentary film.
Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra, Caracas Children's Orchestra ; conducted by Gustavo Dudamel.
Venezuela has a unique system of music education, taking children from violent slums of Caracas and turns some of them into world-class musicians. Shows how Venezuelan visionary Jose Antonio Abreu has changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of children over the past three decades. Children from streets dominated by the gun battles of gang warfare are taken into music schools, given access to music, and taught how to build a better society.
DVD; DTS 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, PCM stereo, widescreen.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.