- Published: Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Description: vi, 271 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9780472115761 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780472034024 (pbk.)
- 0472115766 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Rock music -- History and criticism.
- Musicals -- History and criticism.
- MUSIC / Genres & Styles / Rock
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The theater will rock : a history of the rock musical : from Hair to Hedwig
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: 782.141 Wo
The birth of the rock musical in New York City -- Interlude 1: rock "authenticity" and the reception of the staged rock musical -- Hair and its imitators -- Interlude 2 : audiences -- Rock concept albums and the fragmented musical of the 1970s -- Interlude 3 : megamusicals -- Spectacles of the 1980s -- Interlude 4 : economics and marketing -- Rock musicians in the musical theater : the 1990s -- Interlude 5 : merging aesthetics, making performances -- Rock-influenced musicals at the millennium : the dawning of the age of-- the revival.
Contents: Hedwig and the Angry Inch. -- Hair.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.