- Published: New York : Harper : Melcher Media, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 176 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Albright, Madeleine Korbel.
- Brooches -- Private collections.
- Women cabinet officers -- Biography.
- Ambassadors -- Biography.
Login to add tags
Read my pins : stories from a diplomat's jewel box
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 739.278 Al
Available Copies: Malletts Adult
Introduction / David Revere McFadden -- The serpent's tale -- Wings -- Body language -- "It would be an honor" -- Pindex.
Albright served as U.S. secretary of state from 1997 to 2001, the first woman ever to hold the position. Here, she tells the stories behind her many pins and jewelry collected on her diplomatic trips around the world.
Reviews & Summaries
What I appreciated the most though, was the simplicity of Albright's tactic - wearing a pin that embodied the message she wanted to express that day - while performing one of the most difficult, complicated and nuanced jobs in government. Symbolic, simple and smart.
Login to write a review of your own.