- Published: Chapel Hill [N.C.] : University of North Carolina Press, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: xiv, 302 p. : ill., map ; 25 cm. +
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Blues musicians -- Interviews. -- Mississippi
- Blues (Music) -- History and criticism. -- Mississippi
- African Americans -- Music -- History and criticism. -- Mississippi
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Give my poor heart ease : voices of the Mississippi blues
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 781.643 Gi
Available Copies: Downtown 3rd Floor
"This book was published with the assistance of the H. Eugene and Lillian Youngs Lehman Fund of the University of North Carolina Press"--T.p. verso.
Blues roots. Rose Hill ; Lake Mary ; Lorman ; Centreville ; Gravel Springs ; Parchman Penitentiary ; Tutweiler ; A delta road in Coahoma County -- Blues towns and cities. Leland ; Clarksdale ; WOKJ, Jackson ; Beale Street -- Looking back -- Sacred and secular worlds.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.