- Published: New York : Little, Brown and Co., 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: vii, 341 p. ; 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
Recently Listed On
- All About Veganism
- Animal Rights, Animal Welfare
- Books, Movies, TV Shows, and Albums featured on the Colbert Report (2010)
- food issues
- Homesteading / Self Sufficiency Book List
- Awesome non-fiction
Login to add tags
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 641.303 Fo
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Malletts Adult
Storytelling -- All or nothing or something else -- Words/meaning -- Hiding/seeking -- Influence/speechlessness -- Slices of paradise/pieces of shit -- I do -- Storytelling.
Brilliantly synthesizing philosophy, literature, science, memoir and his own detective work, "Eating Animals" explores the many fictions we use to justify our eating habits--from folklore to pop culture to family traditions and national myth--and how such tales can lull us into a brutal forgetting.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.