- Published: Waterville, Me. : Thorndike Press, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: Large print ed.
- Description: 219 p. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Large Type
- Edwards, Elizabeth, -- 1949
- Edwards, Elizabeth, -- 1949 -- Philosophy.
- Edwards, John, -- 1953 June 10
- Edwards, John, -- 1953 June 10 -- Family.
- Resilience (Personality trait)
- Legislators' spouses -- Biography.
- Cancer -- Biography. -- Patients
- Lawyers' spouses -- Biography. -- North Carolina
- North Carolina -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Resilience : reflections on the burdens and gifts of facing life's adversities
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
"She's one of the most beloved political figures in the country, and on the surface, seems to have led a charmed life. In many ways, she has. Beautiful family. Thriving career. Supportive friendship. Loving marriage. But she's no stranger to adversity. Many know of the strength she had shown after her son, Wade, was killed in a freak car accident when he was only sixteen years old. She would exhibit this remarkable grace and courage again when the very private matter of her husband's infidelity became public fodder. And her own life has been on the line. Days before the 2004 presidential election when her husband John was running for vice president she was diagnosed with breast cancer. After rounds of surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation the cancer went away only to reoccur in 2007. In Resilience, Elizabeth Edwards crafts an unsentimental and ultimately inspirational meditation on dealing with life's biggest challenges." --Publisher's description.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.