- Published: Waterville, Me. : Thorndike Press, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: Large print ed.
- Description: 541 p. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Large Type
- Women -- Social conditions. -- Iowa
- Women -- Biography. -- Iowa -- Ames
- Female friendship -- Iowa -- Ames.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The girls from Ames : a story of women and a forty-year friendship
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Large Print 305.409 Za
As children, they formed a special bond growing up in the small town of Ames, Iowa. As young women, they moved to eight different states yet managed to maintain an extraordinary friendship that would carry them through college and careers, marriage and motherhood, dating and divorce, the death of a child, and the mysterious death of the eleventh member of their group. Their remarkable story is a testament to the power of friendship.