- Published: New York : Zeitgeist Films, 2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 1 videodisc (96 min.) : sd., col.; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Lessin, Tia.
- Deal, Carl.
- Roberts, Kimberly Rivers.
- Roberts, Scott, rap musician.
- Louverture Films (Firm)
- Elsewhere Films (Firm)
- Zeitgeist Films.
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005 -- Anecdotes.
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005 -- Personal narratives.
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005 -- Social aspects -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Women rap musicians -- Biography. -- Louisiana -- New Orleans
- African American women -- Biography. -- Louisiana -- New Orleans
- Disaster victims -- Biography. -- Louisiana -- New Orleans
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- New Orleans (La.) -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
- New Orleans (La.) -- Biography.
- Documentary films.
- Nonfiction films.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Trouble the water
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 363.34 Tr
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, West Adult
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2008.
Bonus material: deleted and extended scenes; conversations with the directors, subjects, film critic Richard Roeper, Danny Glover; theatrical trailer.
Kimberly Rivers Roberts, Scott Roberts.
"This astonishing powerful documentary takes you inside Hurricane Katrina in a way never seen on screen. Incorporating remarkable home footage shot by Kimberly Rivers Roberts-an aspiring rap artist trapped with her husband in the 9th ward-directors/producers Tia Lessin and Carl Deal weave this insider's view of Katrina with a devastating protrait of the hurricane's aftermath. Trouble the Water takes audiences on a journey that is by turns heart-stopping, infuriating, inspiring and empowering. It's not only about the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina, but about the underlying issues that remained when the flood waters receded-failing public schools, record high levels of incarceration, poverty, structural racism and lack of government accountability"--Container.
DVD, 16:9 anamorphic widescreen; stereo.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.