- Published: Universal City, CA : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 25th anniversary ed.
- Description: 1 videodisc (101 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Adelson, Gary.
- Denault, Edward O.
- Betuel, Jonathan.
- Castle, Nick.
- Guest, Lance, 1960-
- O'Herlihy, Dan, 1919-2005.
- Stewart, Catherine Mary.
- Preston, Robert, 1913-1987.
- Safan, Craig.
- Lorimar Pictures.
- Universal Pictures (Firm)
- Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Video games and teenagers -- Drama.
- Human-alien encounters -- Drama.
- Recruiting and enlistment -- Drama.
- Fighter pilots -- Drama.
- Science fiction films.
- Action and adventure films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Feature films.
- Fiction films.
Recently Listed On
- Movies for Tween Boys
- Checkout History
- Classical Geek Education
- Movies Referenced in Ready Player One
Login to add tags
The last starfighter
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Science-Fiction Last
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Pittsfield Adult
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1984.
Special features: "Heroes of the screen:" all-new retrospective documentary with the cast and crew as they revisit the scripting, casting and groundbreaking computer effects; "Crossing the frontier: making The last Starfighter:" an original documentary on the creation of the film and its innovative visual effects; image gallery; feature commentary with director Nick Castle and production designer Ron Cobb.
Lance Guest, Dan O'Herlihy, Catherine Mary Stewart, Robert Preston.
Alex is an 18-year old Earthling who has an extraordinary talent for video game wizardry and conquers the Starfighter game. He is then recruited by alien Centauri to be part of an elite legion of fighters. Leaving behind his trailer park existence, he heads to the outer regions of space. Alex becomes the last hope for the beleaguered Star League and hundreds of worlds, including Earth.
DVD, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1); Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, dual-layer, NTSC.