- Published: San Francisco : Mcsweeney's Books, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: 351 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 1934781630 :
- Arab Americans -- Social conditions.
- Muslims -- United States.
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005 -- Social aspects.
- Disaster victims -- Biography. -- Louisiana -- New Orleans
- New Orleans (La.) -- History -- 21st century.
Recently Listed On
- Lucy's Staff Picks
- DIsaster Lit
- Best Lists
- Adult Nonfiction - A Go-To List
- AADL Staff Picks- KTC
- AADL Staff Picks -- Katie
- AADL Staff Picks: Books
ala notable book muslims new orleans dave eggers disasters good eggers writing mcsweeney's hurricane katrina louisiana
Login to add tags
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 976.335 Eg
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Traverwood Adult
Arab-Americans have suffered from various forms and degrees of profiling since before 9-11 (remember when the federal building in Oklahoma City was bombed and Muslims were stopped in airports, etc.?) and this story illustrates that pattern with a chilling account of a man who, through hard work had been making his own version of the American Dream come true in New Orleans, until Katrina and heavy -handed post-disaster policing took him in a different direction.
Login to write a review of your own.