- Published: San Francisco : Mcsweeney's Books, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: 351 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 1934781630 :
- Arab Americans -- Social conditions.
- Muslims -- United States.
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005 -- Social aspects.
- Disaster victims -- Biography. -- Louisiana -- New Orleans
- New Orleans (La.) -- History -- 21st century.
Recently Listed On
- Lucy's Staff Picks
- DIsaster Lit
- Best Lists
- Adult Nonfiction - A Go-To List
- AADL Staff Picks- KTC
- AADL Staff Picks -- Katie
- AADL Staff Picks: Books
hurricane katrina new orleans dave eggers mcsweeney's disasters ala notable book louisiana muslims good eggers writing
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: 976.335 Eg
Arab-Americans have suffered from various forms and degrees of profiling since before 9-11 (remember when the federal building in Oklahoma City was bombed and Muslims were stopped in airports, etc.?) and this story illustrates that pattern with a chilling account of a man who, through hard work had been making his own version of the American Dream come true in New Orleans, until Katrina and heavy -handed post-disaster policing took him in a different direction.
Login to write a review of your own.