- Published: New York : Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged)
- Language: English
- Format: Book
Recently Listed On
- Need to request
- New York Public Library's Top Children’s Books of the Last 100 Years
- Caldecott Medal Winner Books
- Top 100 Picture Books selected by School Library Journal
- Great Picture Books
- Wordless Picture Books
Login to add tags
The lion & the mouse
There are currently 7 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth PicBks, Pittsfield Youth PicBks, Traverwood Youth PicBks
In this wordless retelling of an Aesop fable, an adventuresome mouse proves that even small creatures are capable of great deeds when he rescues the King of the Jungle.
Although the lion appears somewhat possessed in a few of the illustrations, the overall quality is superb: depth, color, balance, and texture masterfully create a lush and inviting work of art. This is a great choice to share with a child in your life, as it invites conversations about the illustrations and the story they tell, the motives of the title characters, poaching, and of course the lessons that can be learned.
Login to write a review of your own.