- Published: New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 341 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 830
- United States. -- Army. -- Women's Army Corps -- Fiction.
- Automobile travel -- Fiction.
- Grandmothers -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction.
- Sisters -- Fiction.
- Family life -- Fiction. -- Alabama
- Alabama -- Fiction. -- History -- 1819-1950
- JUVENILE FICTION / People & Places / United States / African American
- JUVENILE FICTION / Historical / United States / 20th Century
Recently Listed On
- The War-Torn Fourties for Teens
- LINKS -- Middle School Grades 6-8
- 20th Century America Historical Fiction for Teens
- WWII Fiction for Teens
- 100 Teen Books For The Feminist Reader
Login to add tags
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, 1st Floor
Teens Octavia and Tali learn about strength, independence, and courage when they are forced to take a car trip with their grandmother, who tells about growing up Black in 1940s Alabama and serving in Europe during World War II as a member of the Women's Army Corps.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.