- Published: Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: xiii, 322 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9780472096909 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0472096907 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780472066902 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0472066900 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Indians of North America -- History -- 19th century. -- Great Lakes Region (North America)
- Reservation Indians -- History -- 19th century. -- Great Lakes Region (North America)
- Indian reservations -- History -- 19th century. -- Great Lakes Region (North America)
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Great Lakes Indian accommodation and resistance during the early reservation years, 1850-1900
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 970.004 Da
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Fl.
A homeland and its people -- Making a living -- Agriculture on the Great Lakes homelands -- Old and new alternatives to reservation agriculture -- The homeland becomes a checkerboard : allotment and location tickets -- Battling for the mind and soul -- The education crusade -- Traditional spirituality versus Christianity : finding a balance -- Who shall rule at home? -- Reservation politics : the challenge of shared governance -- Moccasins in the mainstream.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.