- Published: New York : Viking, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 92 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 570
- Gibson, Josh, -- 1911-1947 -- Fiction.
- Baseball -- Fiction.
- Negro Leagues -- Fiction.
- Brothers -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Tennessee -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
- JUVENILE FICTION / People & Places / United States / African American
- JUVENILE FICTION / Sports & Recreation / Baseball & Softball
Recently Listed On
- Main CHARACTERs - kids of color lead the story
- HiLo: high school students - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- HiLo: Adults - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN stories - Picture Book History for gr. K-3
Login to add tags
The home-run king
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J Fiction / McKissack, Pat
Available Copies: Downtown Youth
During the Depression in Nashville, Tennessee, two baseball-loving brothers host Josh Gibson, a star of the Negro Leagues, in their home, and are motivated to get their own team started as well.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.