- Published: New York : Henry Holt and Co., 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 340 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 830
- Nature -- Fiction.
- Family life -- Fiction. -- Texas
- Grandfathers -- Fiction.
- Naturalists -- Fiction.
- Texas -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
Recently Listed On
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- Mighty Girls Fiction and Non-fiction!
- American Historical Fiction for Youth and Teens
- Popular Youth Fiction
- Nature Themed Stories - Upper Elementary
- Older Kids - stories in Nature
- Recipients of the Josette Frank Award
- books loved by my 11 yr old daughter
- Great Books for School
Login to add tags
The evolution of Calpurnia Tate
There are no copies available and 1 request on 7 copies
In central Texas in 1899, eleven-year-old Callie Vee Tate is instructed to be a lady by her mother, learns about love from the older three of her six brothers, and studies the natural world with her grandfather, the latter of which leads to an important discovery.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.