- Published: New York : Melanie Kroupa Books, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 133 p. : ill. ; 24 x 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1000
- Colvin, Claudette, -- 1939
- African Americans -- Biography. -- Alabama -- Montgomery
- African American civil rights workers -- Biography. -- Alabama -- Montgomery
- African American teenage girls -- Biography. -- Alabama -- Montgomery
- African Americans -- Segregation -- History. -- Alabama -- Montgomery
- Segregation in transportation -- History. -- Alabama -- Montgomery
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- Biography.
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century.
Recently Listed On
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Award (Youth)
- 5th Grade Reads
- LINKS -- Middle School Grades 6-8
- Winners of the National Book Award for Young People's Literature
- YALSA Nonfiction Award Books for Teens
- Carter G. Woodson Book Award Middle Level (Grades 5–8)
- 2010 YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults
- Recommended Biographies for Teens
Login to add tags
Claudette Colvin : twice toward justice
There are currently 5 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Youth, Traverwood Youth, West Youth
First cry -- Jim Crow and the detested number ten -- Coot -- "We seemed to hate ourselves" -- "It's my constitutional right!" -- "There's the girl who got arrested" -- "Crazy" times -- "Another Negro woman has been arrested" -- Second front, second chance -- Playing for keeps -- Browder v. Gayle -- Rage in Montgomery -- History's door.
Based on extensive interviews with Claudette Colvin and many others, Phillip Hoose presents the first in-depth account of an important yet largely unknown civil rights figure, skillfully weaving her dramatic story into the fabric of the historic Montgomery bus boycott and court case that would change the course of American history.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.