- Published: [Boston] : WGBH Educational Foundation : WGBH, 2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 1 videodisc (54 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- LeBrun, David, 1944-
- Guthrie, Rosey.
- Hendrie, Nathan.
- Marin, Eric.
- Sanders, Jay O., 1953-
- Holt, Sarah.
- Night Fire Films.
- ARTE France.
- National Science Foundation (U.S.)
- WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- WGBH Educational Foundation.
- WGBH Video (Firm)
- Mayan languages -- Writing.
- Inscriptions, Mayan.
- Archaeology -- History. -- Mexico
- Archaeology -- History. -- Central America
- Mexico -- Antiquities.
- Central America -- Antiquities.
- Documentary television programs.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Cracking the Maya code
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 497.42 Cr
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Based on the book, Breaking the Maya code, by Michael D. Coe.
Special features: Printable materials for educators; access to the Nova web site; closed captions; described for the visually impaired.
1. The forgotten Maya temples -- 2. A hidden history -- 3. Political roadblock -- 4. Child's play -- 5. Cultural revelations.
Narrated by Jay O. Sanders.
The ancient Maya civilization of Central America left behind an intricate and mysterious hieroglyphic script carved on monuments and painted on pottery and bark books. This program highlights the ingenious breakthroughs that cracked the code, unleashing a flood of dramatic new insights about the ancient civilization.
DVD, region 1, 16:9 anamorphic presentation; Dolby Digital, NTSC.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.