- Published: Charleston, SC : Arcadia Publishing, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: 127 p. : ill., ports ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Ragtime music -- Pictorial works. -- 19th century -- Michigan -- Detroit
- Jazz -- Pictorial works. -- 19th century -- Michigan -- Detroit
- Ragtime music -- Pictorial works. -- 20th century -- Michigan -- Detroit
- Jazz -- Pictorial works. -- 20th century -- Michigan -- Detroit
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Detroit : ragtime and the jazz age
by Milan, Jon.
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
"Detroit has always been at the forefront of American popular music development, and the ragtime years and jazz age are no exception. The city's long history of diversity has served the region well, providing a fertile environment for creating and nurturing some of America's most distinctly indigenous music. With a focus on the people and places that made Detroit a major contributor to America's rich musical heritage, Detroit: ragtime and the jazz age provides a unique photo journal of a period stretching from the Civil War to the diminishing years of the big bands in the early 1940s"--P.  of cover.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.