- Published: Waterville, Me. : Thorndike Press, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: Large print ed.
- Description: 539 p. (large print) : ill., map ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Large Type
- Lincoln, Abraham, -- 1809-1865 -- Military leadership.
- Executive power -- History -- 19th century.
- Presidents -- Biography.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1861-1865.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Tried by war : Abraham Lincoln as commander in chief
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Large Print 973.709 McP
The quest for a strategy, 1861 -- The bottom is out of the tub -- You must act -- A question of legs -- Destroy the rebel army, if possible -- The promise must now be kept -- Lee's army, and not Richmond, is your true objective point -- The heaviest blow yet dealt to the rebellion -- If it takes three more years -- No peace without victory.
Evaluates Lincoln's talents as a commander in chief in spite of limited military experience, tracing the ways in which he worked with, or against, his senior commanders to defeat the Confederacy and reshape the presidential role.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.