- Published: New York : Delacorte Press, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: 373 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Detectives -- Fiction. -- England
- Motherless families -- Fiction.
- Sisters -- Fiction.
- Luce, Flavia de (Fictitious character)
- Girls -- Fiction. -- England
- Murder -- Fiction. -- Investigation
- England -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Looking For Authors Similar To Alexander McCall Smith?
- Checkout History
- Books to check out of the library
Login to add tags
The sweetness at the bottom of the pie
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Mystery
Eleven-year-old Flavia de Luce, an aspiring chemist with a passion for poison, must exonerate her father of murder. Armed with more than enough knowledge to tie two distant deaths together and examine new suspects, she begins a search that will lead her all the way to the King of England himself.
Reviews & Summaries
It's perfectly understandable why she might bite off more than she can chew, since she's only 11 and frequently too-curious. I like her quick wit, resourcefulness and gung-ho attitude. I also like the concept of unassuming-child-as-detective, she's someone who can wander about asking questions without raising suspicion.
Flavia is feisty, fevered and flawed and I'm thoroughly looking forward to her next adventure.
Well paced, and well written, I look forward to more in the series... "The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag" is out now.
Login to write a review of your own.