- Published: New York : Dutton Children's Books, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 200 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 830
- Coma -- Fiction.
- Death -- Fiction.
- Medical care -- Fiction.
- Violoncellists -- Fiction.
- Family life -- Fiction. -- Oregon
- Oregon -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Recommended Books
- Favorite Books
- The Fault in Our Stars, Weepy Romances and books on Illness
- Books I've Read
- HiLo: high school students - reading 4th to 6th grade levels
- If you like author John Green...
- Checkout History
- for 2013 Summer
- NPR List of the Best 100 Young Adult and Teen Novels
- Great Fantasy and Science Fiction Books For Teen and Young Adults
Login to add tags
If I stay
There are no copies available (2 Zoom Lends available) and 98 requests on 30 copies
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Pittsfield Adult, West Adult
While in a coma following an automobile accident that killed her parents and younger brother, seventeen-year-old Mia, a gifted cellist, weights whether to live with her grief or join her family in death.
Reviews & Summaries
I was hoping for some kind of a twist but it ended up predictably, basically surmounting to 'love conquers death,' which I thought was not only cliche but also unconvincing as Mia's love for Adam did not strike me as genuine.
I felt like the book would have been much stronger if Mia had made the decision to *spoiler alert* stay on her own, without Adam or the power of music, acknowledging that despite her loss and pain, life was still worth fighting for.
Login to write a review of your own.