- Published: [Boston, Mass.] : WGBH Boston Video, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: 1 videodisc (112 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Schreiber, Liev.
- Channing, Stockard.
- Glassman, Gary.
- Providence Pictures, Inc.
- National Geographic Channel (Television station : Washington, D.C.)
- WGBH Educational Foundation.
- WGBH Video (Firm)
- Bible. -- Antiquities.
- Bible and science.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
- Documentary television programs.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The Bible's buried secrets
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 220.9 Bi
Originally broadcast as an episode of the PBS television series Nova on November 18, 2008.
Special features: extra scenes; From concept to complete featurette; teacher's guides.
Narrated by Liev Schreiber; Bible readings by Stockard Channing.
Presents archeological scholarship from the Holy Land to explore the beginnings of modern religion and the origins of the Hebrew Bible, also known as the Old Testament. This archeological detective story tackles some of the biggest questions in biblical studies: Where did the ancient Israelites come from? Who wrote the Bible, when, and why? How did the worship of one God--the foundation of modern Judaism, Christianity, and Islam--emerge?
DVD, Dolby digital.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.