- Published: [Washington, D.C.] : National Geographic, 
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 2 videodiscs (230 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
- Animal shelters -- Utah.
- Dog rescue -- Utah.
- Dogs -- Services for -- Utah.
- Dogs -- Training -- Utah.
- Documentary television programs.
Recently Listed On
- Shelter Pets and Rescued Animals
- Adopting Animals From An Animal Shelter
- Dog Lover's List (non-fiction)
Login to add tags
DogTown. New beginnings
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 636.08 Do
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
New beginnings -- Project rescue -- New lives -- Road to recovery -- Saving the Michael Vick dogs.
Return to the heart of Utah canyon country to visit the largest no-kill animal facility in the U.S. At any given time, the sanctuary hosts hundreds of dogs from around the world and is the last hope for dogs that have no place left to go. Follows the story of the dedicated team of experts that works day to day to give these dogs rehabilitation, redemption and a chance for a loving home.
DVD; widescreen presentation.
DogTown is a documentary about the medical care and training given to "hard cases" at a shelter in Nevada. There is some training, so if you have a dog you might learn something. But for the most part the show is less instructional and more of a documentary about the dogs that come into the shelter. As one might expect, it's touching, heartwarming, and poignant.
If you enjoyed these DVDs, I'd recommend volunteering at the Humane Society of Huron Valley. It's pretty much exactly like it!
Login to write a review of your own.