- Published: New York : BasicCivitas, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: xii, 308 p. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 9780465008971 (alk. paper)
- 0465008976 (alk. paper)
- Hip-hop -- Social aspects.
- Rap (Music) -- Social aspects.
- Social change.
- African Americans -- Social conditions.
- United States -- Social conditions.
- MUSIC / Genres & Styles / Rap & Hip Hop
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Ethnic Studies / African American Studies
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Sociology / General
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The hip hop wars : what we talk about when we talk about hip hop--and why it matters
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Black Studies 781.649 Ro
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor
Hip hop's critics -- Hip hop causes violence -- Hip hop reflects black dysfunctional ghetto culture -- Hip hop hurts black people -- Hip hop is destroying America's values -- Hip hop is demeans women -- Hip hop's defenders -- Just keeping it real -- Hip hop is not responsible for sexism -- "There are bitches and hoes" -- We're not role models -- Nobody talk about the positive in hip hop -- Mutual denials in the hip hop wars -- Progressive voices, energies, and visions -- Six guiding principles for progressive creativity, consumption, and community in hip hop and beyond.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.