- Published: New York : [United States] : Walker ; Distributed by Macmillan Publishers, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 810
- 9780802797551 (reinforced)
- 0802797555 (reinforced)
Recently Listed On
- Animal Stories
- lat's kid kit
- J's Summer List
- I Survived & Other Tales of Survival, Wilderness Survival & More!
- 2014 Ann Arbor Ypsilanti READS - grades K-5
- ASPCA Henry Bergh Children's Book Award Winners
- Children's Books
2 bobbies Bach Elementary new orleans pets katrina species cat and the dog who took care of each other hurricane katrina hurricane cat animals AAPS friendship animal friends friendship bobbies dog pet katrina heartwarming dog rescue animals rescue
Login to add tags
Two Bobbies : a true story of Hurricane Katrina, friendship, and survival
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 363.349 La
Two Bobbies is written in a way that doesn't under- or over-explain the story of these animal companions and the effects of Hurricane Katrina. I like the art a lot, too. It's not showy but done with care. Plenty of kids (and adults) can appreciate a story about quirky animal survivors of such a massive disaster. Bobbi and Bob Cat are very touching.
This is an incredibly sweet story! It's a great resource to start conversations with children about Hurricane Katrina, animals, rescue agencies, friendship and kindness.
Login to write a review of your own.