- Published: New York : [United States] : Walker ; Distributed by Macmillan Publishers, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 810
- 9780802797551 (reinforced)
- 0802797555 (reinforced)
- Dogs -- Anecdotes.
- Cats -- Anecdotes.
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005 -- Anecdotes.
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Science & Nature / Disasters
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Social Issues / Friendship
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Animals / General
Recently Listed On
- Animal Stories
- lat's kid kit
- J's Summer List
- I Survived & Other Tales of Survival, Wilderness Survival & More!
- 2014 Ann Arbor Ypsilanti READS - grades K-5
- ASPCA Henry Bergh Children's Book Award Winners
- Children's Books
katrina rescue animals species friendship katrina pets heartwarming AAPS dog hurricane pet cat and the dog who took care of each other 2 bobbies cat animal rescue animals dog friends hurricane katrina bobbies Bach Elementary new orleans friendship
Login to add tags
Two Bobbies : a true story of Hurricane Katrina, friendship, and survival
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 363.349 La
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Pittsfield Youth
Two Bobbies is written in a way that doesn't under- or over-explain the story of these animal companions and the effects of Hurricane Katrina. I like the art a lot, too. It's not showy but done with care. Plenty of kids (and adults) can appreciate a story about quirky animal survivors of such a massive disaster. Bobbi and Bob Cat are very touching.
This is an incredibly sweet story! It's a great resource to start conversations with children about Hurricane Katrina, animals, rescue agencies, friendship and kindness.
Login to write a review of your own.