- Published: New York : HarperCollinsPublishers, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 214 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 750
- 9780060733742 (trade bdg.)
- 0060733748 (trade bdg.)
- 9780060733759 (lib. bdg.)
- 0060733756 (lib. bdg.)
- Elizabeth -- I, -- Queen of England, -- 1533-1603 -- Fiction. -- Childhood and youth
- Princesses -- Fiction.
- Kings, queens, rulers, etc. -- Fiction.
- Great Britain -- Fiction. -- History -- Elizabeth, 1558-1603
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The redheaded princess
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
Available Copies: Malletts Teen
In 1542, nine-year-old Lady Elizabeth lives on an estate near London, striving to get back into the good graces of her father, King Henry VIII, and as the years pass she faces his death and those of other close relatives until she finds herself next in line to ascend the throne of England in 1558.
Despite having left my teen years far behind, Rinaldi does a superb job of capturing female adolescence and making her characters easy to relate to and likable.
This wasn't my favorite, but was an interesting take on a well known historical figure. I prefer her other novels where she focuses on a fictional character who represents what a typical person may have experienced during a well document historical period. I also really like how she explains what was fact and fiction at the end of her novels in terms of actions taken by the characters or events they experienced.
Login to write a review of your own.