- Published: Minneapolis : Carolrhoda Books, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 32 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 880
- 9780822576440 (lib. bdg. : alk. paper)
- 0822576449 (lib. bdg. : alk. paper)
- Montezuma, Carlos, -- 1866-1923.
- Yavapai Indians -- Biography.
- Indians of North America -- Biography. -- Southwest, New
Login to add tags
A boy named Beckoning : the true story of Dr. Carlos Montezuma, Native American hero
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 921 Montezuma, Carlos
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Traverwood Youth, West Youth
This story reveals the life of a Native American boy named Wassaja, who was kidnapped from his tribe and sold as a slave. Adopted and renamed Carlos Montezuma, the young boy traveled throughout the Old West, bearing witness to the poor treatment of Native Americans. Carlos eventually became a doctor and leader for his people.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.