- Published: New York : Hyperion Books for Children, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 229 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 740
- 9781423105190 (pbk.)
- 1423105192 (pbk.)
- Gold mines and mining -- Fiction. -- Colorado
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Fiction. -- Colorado
- Colorado -- Fiction. -- Gold discoveries
- Colorado -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Hard gold : the Colorado gold rush of 1859, a tale of the Old West
by Avi, 1937-
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction / Avi
Available Copies: Downtown Youth
"An I witness novel".
Includes bibliographical references (p. 228-229).
Determined to find his nineteen-year-old uncle and best friend, Jesse, who left for Colorado to find enough gold to pay the mortgage and save the family's Iowa farm, twelve-year-old Early Whittcomb joins up with a barber, his wife, and his daughter on a wagon train heading for the gold fields near Pike's Peak in 1858.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.