- Published: New York, NY : HarperCollinsPublishers, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: xi, 193 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 840
- 9780060297886 (reinforced) :
- 0060297883 (reinforced) :
- 9780060297879 (trade bdg.)
- 0060297875 (trade bdg.)
- Ojibwa Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction. -- Superior, Lake, Region
- Family life -- Fiction. -- Superior, Lake, Region
- Voyages and travels -- Fiction.
- Superior, Lake, Region -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
Recently Listed On
- Native Writers' Circle of the Americas Lifetime Achievement Winners
- Children's Books by Native American Authors
- Best Native American Books for Children
- If you like "American Girls"...
Login to add tags
The porcupine year
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction
Available Copies: Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Youth
In 1852, forced by the United States government to leave their beloved Island of the Golden Breasted Woodpecker, fourteen-year-old Omokayas and her Ojibwe family travel in search of a new home.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.