- Published: Toronto, Ont. : Worcester, Pa. : Salt + Light Television Productions ; Distributed by Vision Video, c2007.
- Year Published: 2007
- Description: 1 videodisc (29 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Hosek, Gita.
- Mann, Pedro Guevara.
- Vision Video (Firm)
- Salt + Light Television.
- Euthanasia Prevention Coalition of Ontario.
- Euthanasia -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Euthanasia -- Law and legislation.
- Assisted suicide -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Right to die -- Law and legislation.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
- Documentary television programs.
- Nonfiction television programs.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Turning the tide : dignity, compassion and euthanasia
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 179.7 Tu
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Extras: Promotional video; Fighting for our lives; Living, suffering & dying; Terri's collapse and death; Catherine on dignity; Catherine on Tracy Latimer; Catherine on using toilet; Catherine on Peter Singer; Jean on pain medication; History of palliative care; Karen's sister's story; Wesley on Kate Cheney.
Summary adapted from case insert.
Examines efforts to legalize euthanasia and assisted suicide, exposing the oversimplification, flaws and myths surrounding safeguards, pain management, and suffering. Catherine Frazee, Wesley Smith, Jean Echlin, Bobby Schindler (brother of Terri Sciavo), Adrian Dieleman, and Canadian Senator Sharon Carstairs offer their personal experiences and insights and tangible solutions as to what needs to be done to improve the quality of life for all concerned and make a case that vulnerable people are directly threatened by euthanasia and assisted suicide.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.