- Published: Yellow Springs, Ohio : Community Service, Inc., 
- Year Published: 2006
- Description: 1 videodisc (53 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Sustainable agriculture -- Cuba.
- Sustainable development -- Cuba.
- Energy conservation -- Cuba.
- Renewable energy sources -- Cuba.
- Energy consumption -- Cuba.
- Cuba -- Economic conditions -- 1990
- Documentary films.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The Power of community : how Cuba survived Peak Oil
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 338.9 Po
Extras include student agriculture, ecovillage, rural solar energy, architecture.
Interviewees: Jorge Mario, Rachel Bruhnke, Eugene 'Pat' Murphy, Megan Quinn, Matt Simmons, Richard Heinberg.
"When Cuba lost access to Soviet oil in the early 1900s, the country faced an immediate crisis -- feeding the population -- and an ongoing challenge: how to create a new low-energy society. Cuba transitioned from large, fossil-fuel intensive farming to small, less energy-intensive organic farm and urban gardens, and from a highly industrial society to a more sustainable one." -- Container.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.