- Published: New York, NY : HarperCollins, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: ix, 133 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 640
- 9780060276928 (trade bdg.)
- 0060276924 (trade bdg.)
- 0060276932 (reinforced) :
- 9780060276935 (reinforced) :
- Emigration and immigration -- Fiction.
- Fathers and sons -- Fiction.
- Chinese Americans -- Fiction.
- Stuttering -- Fiction.
- China -- Fiction. -- History -- 1912-1928
- Angel Island (Calif.) -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
- California -- Fiction. -- History -- 1850-1950
- JUVENILE FICTION / Family / Parents
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Issues / Emigration & Immigration
- JUVENILE FICTION / People & Places / United States / Asian American
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The dragon's child : a story of Angel Island
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
Ten-year-old Gim Lew leaves his village in China to accompany his father to America, but before they go he must prepare for a grueling test that he must pass--without stuttering--at California's Angel Island, where officials strive to keep out unwanted immigrants. Includes facts about immigration from China and the experiences of the author's family.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.