- Published: [New York, N.Y.] : HBO Video, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 1 videodisc (ca. 143 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 1419868772 (set)
- 9781419868771 (set)
- Coatsworth, David.
- Shareshian, Steven.
- Ellis, Kirk.
- Ashford, Michelle.
- Hooper, Tom.
- Giamatti, Paul.
- Linney, Laura.
- Dillane, Stephen.
- Huston, Danny, 1962-
- Morse, David, 1953-
- Polley, Sarah.
- Wilkinson, Tom, 1948-
- O'Connor, Clancy.
- Sewell, Rufus, 1967-
- Theroux, Justin.
- McCullough, David G.
- HBO Films.
- Playtone (Firm)
- HBO Video (Firm)
- Home Box Office (Firm)
- Adams, John, -- 1735-1826 -- Drama.
- Adams, Abigail, -- 1744-1818 -- Drama.
- McCullough, David G. -- Film and video adaptations.
- Founding Fathers of the United States -- Drama.
- Presidents -- Biography -- Drama. -- United States
- United States -- Drama. -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783
- United States -- Drama. -- Politics and government -- 1783-1809
- United States -- Drama. -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Television mini-series.
- Historical television programs.
- Biographical television programs.
- Political television programs.
- Television adaptations.
- Television programs for the hearing impaired.
Login to add tags
John Adams. Disc 1
There are currently 6 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD TV John Disc 1
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Downtown Storage Adult
Based on the book written by David McCullough.
Originally broadcast on HBO as a seven-part mini-series in 2008.
Part one: Join or die -- Part two: Independence.
Paul Giamatti, Laura Linney, Stephen Dillane, Danny Huston, David Morse, Sarah Polley, Tom Wilkinson, Clancy O'Connor, Rufus Sewell, Justin Theroux.
While our new nation was suffering attacks from both within and without, John Adams had a vision of a nation of liberty and justice for all. He guided his peers--General George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson--in setting the values and agenda for a glorious, free America. Adams and his wife Abigail refined these ambitious democratic ideals, and their partnership became one of the most moving love stories in American history.
DVD, region 1, widescreen (16:9) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo.
Contents: John Adams.
Login to write a review of your own.