- Published: New York : Franklin Watts, c2002.
- Year Published: 2002
- Description: 32 p. : col. ill. ; 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 870
- 0531163660 (pbk.)
- 9780531163665 (pbk.)
- Communicable diseases -- History -- 16th century. -- England
- Medicine -- History -- 16th century. -- England
- Medical care -- History -- 16th century. -- England
Recently Listed On
- Books for the kiddos - 2013
- Children's Books
- Books for the kids visit
- "You wouldn't want" History books
- books by kids loved part 2
Login to add tags
You wouldn't want to be sick in the 16th century : diseases you'd rather not catch
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 614.4 Se
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Traverwood Youth
"A Franklin Watts library edition."
Introduction -- Tough start -- Padua-center of learning -- Blood, glorious blood! -- When humor wasn't funny -- Battlefield horrors -- Plagued by infections -- Hospital surgery -- Quacks and witches -- Herbs and the apothecary -- Barbaric births -- At war again-the Armada -- End of an era.
A humorous look at the state of illness and medicine in Tudor England.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.